Welcome to The AFC 2023
The AFC 2023 aims to bring together stakeholders from the food industry to explore the “what’s next”, to future-proof the food and agriculture supply in ASEAN, in particular, and the world, in general.
The world is facing multi-dimensional food crisis, such as the Coronavirus pandemic, climate change, geopolitical tension, export ban, and others. These have rippling effects on the global socio-economy and undermining food security.
This three-day conference - through presentations and discussions in plenary, scientific and poster sessions, as well as informal gatherings, will feature distinguished speakers from the academia, government, industry, trade associations, and consumer groups from the ASEAN and the international community who will be discussing current and emerging issues and the role of food science and technology in enhancing sustainable food supply chain, that is affordable to all.
30 June 2023
10 July 2023
31 August 2023
31 August 2023
About AFC 2023
Objectives of the conference:
- To highlight advances and new findings in food science, technology, and services to provide the underpinning science, tools and education to support innovative solutions to strengthen the supply and trade of safe and wholesome food in the region, and globally.
- To address threats to the regional and global supply chain disruption and discuss long-term solutions on the impact on the environment, health, and nutrition.
- To foster networking and linkages between the regional and global food scientists and technologists.
- To increase global competitiveness of regional food education, research, and innovation.
About the Conference:
The ASEAN Food Conference was first held in Singapore in 1982 and has since become a joint activity of ASEAN Committee on Science, Technology and Innovation (COSTI) and the Federation of Institutes of Food Science and Technology in ASEAN (FIFSTA). It is held every 2 or 3 years by an ASEAN country that also has an Institute of Food Science and Technology in their country and is a member of FIFSTA.
Who should attend:
We are expecting participants from the region and globally, comprising scientists, technologists, students, stakeholders from the food and related industry, as well as other interested parties. This event will provide a platform for robust discussions and sharing of ideas on the latest research, innovations, and applications in the field of Food Science and Technology.
Food Safety & Regulatory Science
- Emerging and re-emerging pathogens
- Allergen control and management
- Risk and safety assessment
- Contaminants (pesticide residues, veterinary drug residues, heavy metals, etc.)
- Anti-microbial resistance
IOT and Digitalisation
- Data analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
Food Security and Sustainability
- Agri- and aqua-technologies
- Precision fermentation
- Cellular agriculture
- Plant-based proteins
- Alternative novel proteins (e.g., insect, leaf, bio-waste, etc.)
- Circular economy
- Food loss and waste reduction - post-harvest valorisation
- Green / sustainable / Smart /active packaging
- Management of food packaging wastes
- Life-cycle analysis
- Valorisation of waste materials
Food Processing and Engineering
- Foodomics (metabolomics)
- Thermal and non-thermal novel technologies (e.g., PEF, HPP)
- Membrane separation technology
- Innovative methods/ processes
- Food ingredients
- Fats and oils
Nutrition, Health, and Wellness
- Nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics
- Labelling and claims
- Microbiome / gut health
- Functional foods and nutraceuticals
- Dietary supplements
- Precision nutrition
- Pro-, pre-, syn-, and post-biotics
Food Industry Trends and Consumer Perspectives
- New innovative product development
- Sensory science
- Consumer behaviour
- Sensory and culinary research
- Consumer food preference
- Data analytics
Technology Transfer and Commercialisation
- Traditional foods
For AFC2023 enquiries, kindly contact
Malaysian Institute of Food Technology
45, Jalan SS 15/4B, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
T: +603 5631 8928 M: +6011 5503 8928